Caring for those with disabilities and additional needs
Crealy Theme Park & Resort has been designed for guests with disabilities and/or additional access needs firmly in mind. All of our team are trained and enabled to recognise the individual needs of our guests and will do everything possible to ensure all guests with additional needs have a safe and memorable visit.
Carers Admission Rates
Guests with a proven disability are able to purchase a discounted entry ticket for their carer at the rate of 50%.
Guests with the following documentation, will be valid for a discounted carer's ticket:
1. Disability Living Allowance or Attendance Allowance award letter (dated within the last 12 months).
2. Personal Independence Payment letter (dated within the last 12 months).
3. A current and valid Blue Badge with photo.
4. Letter from GP or consultant (dated within the last 12 months) confirming the need for a full time carer. This does not need to be a letter of diagnosis.
PLEASE NOTE - All documentation must be accompanied with photo identification.
Our policy is designed to accommodate all disabilities, some of which are not easily identifiable and therefore to avoid any unintentional offence, ID is requested on all occasions.
Carers must be at least 16 years of age and of sufficient fitness to provide the level of care required. For everyone’s safety, if the disabled person requires lifting, this will be the responsibility of his or her carer.
In addition to the discounted entry ticket, we offer a free ride access pass for guests who due to their disability are unable to use the regular ride queue lines.
Please note – The 50% off discount is valid on day tickets only and not on Annual Passes.
Please note - Carer's discount is valid for the 7-4-1 offer.
Ride Access Pass / Wristbands
Owing to the sheer number of rides and attractions at Crealy Theme Park & Resort we have on average, very low queuing times. However, guests with particular special needs who are unable to queue may be eligible for a ride access pass. This would allow them and up to three accompanying helpers to enter via the ride exit area for ease of access.
There are certain conditions which we recognise for automatic eligibility for the Ride Access Pass, which comprises of a BLUE wristband and a Ride Access Pass and we will accept the following documentation as eligibility:
- Disability Living Allowance or Attendance Allowance (DLA) award letter (dated within the last 2 years) showing that you receive the higher rate mobility component.
- Personal Independence Payment (PIP) letter (dated within the last 2 years) showing that you receive the enhanced mobility component.
- Wheelchair dependent users
If you believe that you are unable to stand in a queue line, and you do not have the required documentation, we are happy to arrange a Ride Access Pass upon presentation of a letter from your GP or Consultant on headed paper (dated within the last 2 years) which clearly states that you are unable to queue and why (we do not need a letter of diagnosis). This, or any of the documentation above, must be presented alongside valid photographic ID for the named recipient. We fully understand that we cannot determine the needs of any individual based upon a visual assessment nor assume that every guest with a developmental disability will experience difficulty queuing.
We must insist that the letter from a medical professional states that you are unable to queue and why, rather than simply confirming your condition.
This includes (but is not limited to) people with the following conditions:
- Guests with visual impairments
- Guests with hearing impairments
- Type 1 Diabetes (including pump users)
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Guests with neurological, behavioural, emotional & social difficulties, including Autism, ADD, ADHD, ASD, ODD etc.
To apply for a Ride access pass please visit the Ticket Office or Guest Services with your proof of eligibility and ID. Annual Pass holders will only need to prove eligibility once per 12 months, just present your Annual Pass to the Ticket Office or Guest Services to receive a pass.
Ride Access Pass is not valid on Vortex or any seasonal attractions.
Using your Ride access pass
The Ride access pass can only be used by the person wearing the BLUE wristband and they can be accompanied by up to three helpers. The operator will then mark your pass; you can re ride after one hour has passed.
On busy days, please respect other ride pass holders, expect to wait for at least 1 ride cycle and only use the pass where necessary.
Statement on ride safety for guests with disabilities
Crealy Theme Park is a member of the British Association of Leisure Parks Piers and Attractions (BALPPA) and welcomes visits by people with all disabilities and will do everything possible to ensure a safe and pleasurable visit. Risk assessments and policies are reviewed to ensure the park remains as accessible as possible to all guests with disabilities, including wheelchair users. However, certain rides and attractions can be physically demanding and vigorous. Crealy Theme Park & Resort therefore reserves the right to refuse admission to certain rides should it be felt there is a danger to a particular individual for whatever reason.
Crealy Theme Park & Resort has been advised by the Health and Safety Executive that refusal on the grounds of health and safety does not constitute discrimination. Not all rides are suitable for all guests and each has strict operating requirements based on the containment of the ride, the force of the ride and the evacuation procedure. These are set in accordance with external ride inspectors' requirements and exceptions will not be made. Our team members have to follow all rules and restrictions for health and safety reasons therefore please do not ask the team to break these rules; they are there for your safety. Crealy Theme Park & Resort hopes this is understood, and that guests can accept the decision made is in the interest of the safety of all.
Crealy Theme Park & Resort welcomes guests with disabilities, and we will do everything possible to ensure they have a safe and pleasurable visit, and are able to participate in as many activities as possible.
- Wheelchair or mobility scooter dependent guests get 50% off the gate price.
- Nearly all paths are flat and are tarmac surfaced.
- There is a special car parking area nearer to the main entrance for blue badge holders. We cannot always guarantee a space and therefore it is important to arrive early to avoid disappointment.
- All restaurants and shops are wheelchair accessible.
- There are ample toilet facilities for guests with disabilities.
- Manual wheelchairs are available to hire from our Ticket Office free of charge. Please note wheelchair hire must be pre-booked. You can do this by calling 01395 233200.
- We have a queue Assist Policy to enable guests who are unable to queue priority access on to our rides.
- Admittance is allowed for registered, fully trained assistance dogs.
- A vast majority of the rides and attractions at Crealy are designed to be fully accessible to disabled. guests therefore we do not offer a discounted disabled rate.
Statement on Safety for Disabled Guests
Crealy Theme Park & Resort is a member of the British Association of Leisure Parks Piers and Attractions (BALPPA) and welcomes visits by people with disabilities and will do everything possible to ensure a safe and pleasurable visit. However, certain rides and attractions can be physically demanding and vigorous. Crealy Theme Park & Resort therefore reserves the right to refuse admission to certain rides should it be felt there is a danger to a particular individual for whatever reason.
Crealy Theme Park & Resort has been advised by the Health and SafetyExecutive that refusal on the grounds of health and safety does not constitute discrimination. Crealy Theme Park & Resort hopes this is understood, and that guests can accept the decision made is in the interest of the safety of all. There is a Queue Assist Scheme available that is offered as a concession to those who require additional assistance. This is an additional service to guests. This guide will assist our guests with disabilities to ensure that you have a safe and enjoyable day out. All of our rides have information boards detailing rules, restrictions and advisory information. Hopefully these boards along with this guide will enable you to assess your own abilities and make an informed decision as to which rides you are able to use. It is the guest's responsibility to observe and obey any and all instructions on the boards and within this guide before entering the ride.
Not all rides are suitable for all guests and each has strict operating requirements based on the containment of the ride, the force of the ride and the evacuation procedure. These are set in accordance with External Ride Inspectors' requirements and exceptions will not be made. Our team members have to follow all rules and restrictions for health and safety reasons therefore please do not ask the team to break these rules; they are there for YOUR safety and for the safety of OTHERS. Your safety whilst at Crealy Theme Park & Resort is our prime concern.