VISITING DEVON & EXETER
Devon is one of the most beautiful counties in the UK so if you’re booking a holiday or short break at Crealy Meadows you’ll be spoilt for choice surrounded by fascinating places to visit and explore.
Things to do in Exeter
The gorgeous historical city of Exeter is just a 10 minute drive from Crealy. You’ll find so many fun things to do in Exeter, more than we can cover here, but be sure to check out the following:
- Explore the stunning gothic Cathedral.
- Visit the award-winning Royal Albert Memorial Museum
- Discover Exeter’s history at sites including Roman walls, the tunnels and Norman castle.
- Hire canoes and boat up and down the Exe.
- Shop till you drop at some of the individual and independent boutiques and delis
Even if the sun isn’t out the local beaches are well worth visiting. East Devon’s famed Jurassic Coast is just a short drive away.
- Exmouth Beach. Exmouth beach is a vast 2 miles long stretch of soft sand. You’ll find plenty of entertainment along the beach, as well as in the town.
- Budleigh Beach. This pebble beach backs onto the quaint town of Budleigh, and has impressive views of the coastline.
- Sidmouth Beach. This perennially popular seaside resort has a delightful promenade and a beach with rock pools to explore.
Dogs are not permitted on Devon’s main beaches from 1st of May to 30th December
3500 acres of woodland await you at Haldon Forest. With a variety of walking and cycling trails, including the Stick Man trail for the kids, this is a great chance to spot Devon’s wildlife, and if you fancy something adventurous hire a bike and tackle one of the cycle runs.
Dartmoor National Park
The rugged landscape of Dartmoor has been immortalised in literature, art and film. Soaking up its atmosphere and expansive beauty is one of the best things to do in Devon. Walking, canoeing, climbing and horse riding are just some of the activities that await you.