Food & Beverage Sous Chef
Type of contract: Permanent
Crealy Theme Park & Resort is the South West’s largest family theme park attraction and is home to over 60 rides, attractions and live shows and zoo.
Set in over 100 acres of countryside the business also consists of a large luxury lodge and camping resort that includes uniquely themed glamping accommodation. Crealy is located just minutes from junction 30 of the M5 near Exeter.
About the Role
This is a great opportunity for a Chef De Partie or Junior Sous Chef to take the next step in your career.
Working closely with the Kitchen Manager (Head Chef) you will be responsible for preparing and cooking a variety of fresh food across The Park.
Duties will vary from cooking our traditional home cooked pub menu in our Clubhouse located at our holiday resort, to fresh chicken dishes in our Chicken Shack, to supporting launch our new fresh Fish & Chips and Pizza concepts.
You will have a role in staff planning, supervision and training, plus stock control, stock taking and ensuring all company health and hygiene practices are adhered to.
Unlike many highstreets or other theme park operations, we design all our menus and concepts in-house, and in your role you would have the opportunity to be involved in this aspect of our constant strive to improve our food offering.
You will manage designated areas in line with all relevant H&S and Food Policy legislation and ensure that profit is being maximised in all areas of your control.
We also cater for corporate and other events throughout the year ranging from BBQ’s for several hundred people to catering for 600+ for Dinner.
This role includes weekend, Bank Holiday and evening and morning work.
Our Business Hours for Food Service are 8am – 10:30pm to match our Theme Park and Holiday Park operations.
(Unlike most Chef Jobs we are closed Christmas Eve, Christmas Day & Boxing Day.)
Are you Hungry for a new challenge? Then this role could be for you. Are you hardworking and a good team player?
Do you want a job where no two days are the same.
Do you want a competitive rate of pay?
Do you want a flexible work rota?
Do you want a job with training and the possibility of becoming a future Head Chef?
If you’re looking for an exciting career in the Food & Beverage industry you are in good hands. We take pride in training and development of our people and are happy to develop and support your needs.
We will give you all the training necessary to become a become a star
Skills and Experience
- Experience in a Kitchen Environment of either a Chef de Partie or Junior Sous Chef level.
- Ability to ensure food of a high and consistent quality is delivered to our guests.
- Ability to lead a kitchen team.
- Ability to think on your feet and
- Good communication skills with Front of House Teams.
- Understanding and Knowledge of HACCAP and Food Safety Regulations
- Level 3 Supervising Food Safety is Desirable but not essential.
Accommodation can be provided for the right candidate.
- A Competitive Hourly Rate of £9:50.
- Target-based bonus structure
- Regular reward and incentive schemes
- Company pension scheme
- 25% employee discount on all park purchases
- FREE Friends & Family Memberships
- Flexible shift patterns
- Tickets for days out at Devon’s top attractions
- Fantastic social calendar & events
This Job Role expires on 2019-02-28