Type of contract: Ongoing
Crealy Theme Park & Resort is the South West’s largest family theme park attraction and is home to over 60 rides, attractions and live shows and zoo. Set in over 100 acres of countryside the business also consists of a large luxury lodge and camping resort that includes uniquely themed glamping accommodation.
About the Role
We have a fantastic opportunity for a First Aider to join our team within the Park Operations department., working alongside the rides team. We are looking for a friendly, enthusiastic person who can communicate with a broad range of people from different backgrounds and ages.
Empathy, assertiveness, and teamwork are key. You will be carrying out treatment of injuries or illness to guests or team at the First Aid Centre or around the Park. Completing the relevant and required accident/treatment reporting documentation accurately. Ensuring that you are always delivering the best possible customer service, assisting, and greeting guests, being ready to assist them with any queries they may have.
What You Will Need
- Hold at least a current 3 Day First Aid At Work qualification from a recognised training provider, along with some casualty or First Aid experience would be an advantage.
- Display confidence in treating a broad range of injuries and supervising the public
- You will need to be able to communicate confidently and assertively along with the ability to deal with challenging situations with the capacity to listen to feedback, remain calm under pressure and take decisive action.
- Ability to understand and implement instructions.
- The capacity to deliver good results within the agreed timeframe and inspire others to focus on achieving good results and targets.
- Be able to build effective team relationships and actively contribute to the team.
- Always be presentable with the right ‘can-do’ attitude to deliver excellence.
- A full clean driving licence is required.
Crealy Theme Park and Resort is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all team to share this commitment.
Hours of Work
This is a flexible position which includes weekends, school, and bank holidays. Please note – this role requires you to be available to work Monday – Sunday between 10.00am – 11.00pm. Hours will be rostered in advance and vary dependent on the time of year. Flexibility is required to meet peak and off-peak demands of the business. We are open to guests/visitors all year.
A passion for customer service and a great attitude towards learning new things is a must.
Every department here at Crealy Theme Park and Resort focuses on the safety of our guests and all team members as a number one priority. Each role will undertake department specific Health & Safety training, alongside wider Theme Park and Resort training.
For our exciting guest facing job roles we’re looking for confident people who have excellent communication skills and are interested in working as part of a wider team to drive high standards and deliver a first class guest experience. You should be highly driven and motivated to take ownership of your duties, while supporting the wider resort as part of this integral team.
In addition the ideal candidate will:
* Be at least 18 years old
* Be comfortable working outside in all weather conditions
* Demonstrate a customer-focused attitude. Preferably evidenced with front-line customer service experience
* Display confidence in supervising the public and be self motivated
* Have a reasonable level of fitness
* Possess an ability to work independently for prolonged periods of time and as part of a larger team
* Have great communication skills and be highly literate
If successful through the application process, you will be invited for an interview. If you have any questions or should you require any assistance at an interview event, because of a disability or medical condition, please let us know.
Information for Candidates
You will need to have proof of right to work in the UK (either a birth certificate or current passport) and be able to provide details of a reference. Please ensure that you have both of these before applying
£9.00-£9.25 per hour plus holiday pay.
- Career Opportunities
- Free car parking and easy access by public transport
- 50% off food and drink whilst on duty
- 25% off all other purchases on park
- Fantastic Team Socials
- FREE Friends & Family Annual Passes* T&C's apply
- Access to our Employee Assist Programme - looking after your wellbeing & offering free legal advice
- Refer a friend scheme
- Bonus Opportunities and Rewards
- Uniform Provided
This Job Role expires on 2021-09-30