Type of contract: Permanent Full Time
Crealy Theme Park & Resort is the South West’s largest family theme park attraction and is home to over 60 rides, attractions and live shows and zoo. Set in over 100 acres of glorious Devon countryside the business also consists of a large luxury lodge and camping resort that includes uniquely themed glamping accommodation.
About the Role
We are looking for a Rides Engineer to join our Team.
The Rides Engineer is responsible for the daily maintenance and upkeep of Mechanical, Hydraulic and Electrical Rides at Crealy Theme Park and Resort. This is a responsible role for an experienced, safety conscious person who will remove, install, repair and test all electromechanical equipment of rides, animation, attractions and buildings.
- Follow an established maintenance programme, including any emergency repairs, as required, to keep down time to an acceptable minimum in all areas of Attractions and Facilities.
- Maintenance of Mechanical Rides including Go-Karts, Bumper Boats, Prairie Train, Safari Express, Honey Swing, Carousel Ride, Kiddie Rides, Maximus Roller Coaster, Tidal Wave Log Flume, Swing Boat, Dino Jeeps, Atlantis Rides, Twister and any future Rides.
- To ensure the Security and Safety of all Rides by inspecting and prevention of safety hazards on all Rides and Attractions so that they are safe, functional, fully equipped, cleaned and checked
- To ensure all Health and Safety procedures are followed and actions arising are completed
- Co-ordination for ADIPS certification of rides and involvement in HSE requirements for Rides, including updating of written Risk Assessments
You will be expected to work 42.5 hours, five days a week, including 1 in 3 weekends, with fixed days off in the week. Our peak times are bank holidays and school holiday periods. It is important to have a flexible approach to your working week. Our Main season runs from March to November, but we are open to guests/visitors all year.
A full driving licence is required for this role as there is a requirement to drive the company vehicles on site.
PPE is provided for this role
Every department here at Crealy Theme Park and Resort focuses on the safety of our guests (and all team members) as a number one priority. Each role will undertake department specific Health & Safety training, alongside wider Theme Park and Resort training.
For these exciting guest facing job roles we’re looking for confident people who have excellent communication skills and are interested in working as part of a wider team to drive high standards and deliver a first class guest experience. You should be highly driven and motivated to take ownership of the daily running of our attractions, while supporting the wider resort as part of this integral team.
In addition the ideal candidate will:
* Be comfortable working outside in all weather conditions
* Demonstrate a customer-focused attitude.
* Display confidence in operating mechanical rides
* Have a reasonable level of fitness
* Possess an ability to work independently for prolonged periods of time and as part of a larger team
* Have great communication skills
If successful through the application process, you will be invited for an interview. If you have any questions or should you require any assistance at an interview event, because of a disability or medical condition, please let us know.
Information for Candidates
You will need to have proof of right to work in the UK (either a birth certificate or current passport) and be able to provide details of a reference. Please ensure that you have both of these before applying
- Excellent salary, paid every 2 weeks
- 30 days annual leave
- Regular reward and incentive schemes
- Company pension scheme
- 25% employee discount on all park purchases
- FREE Friends & Family Annual Passes* T&C's apply
- Uniform provided
- Easy access by public transport as well as free car parking
- Fantastic social calendar & events
- There are so many more benefits for our team members, too many to list!!
This Job Role expires on 2021-04-23