Type of contract: Permanent Full Time
Crealy Theme Park & Resort is the South West’s largest family theme park attraction and is home to over 60 rides, attractions and live shows and zoo. Set in over 100 acres of glorious Devon countryside the business also consists of a large luxury lodge and camping resort that includes uniquely themed glamping accommodation.
We are based at Clyst St. Mary on the outskirts of Exeter. It is located just off of junction 30 of the M5. There is free parking on site and we are easily accesible by public transport.
About the Role
We are looking for a Permanent Full Time Groundskeeper/Gardener
This is an excellent opportunity to be part of the grounds and maintenance team here at Crealy Theme Park & Resort. We require an enthusiastic and hardworking individual to take on grounds-keeping work across both the Theme Park and our Holiday Park Resort.
The ideal candidate would have previous grounds experience and knowledge of using gardening machinery. You need to have an impressive eye for detail, a going-the-extra-mile attitude, take PRIDE in your work and enjoy working as part of a bigger team.
As part of the grounds and maintenance team you will be responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of the park, assisting the department in all day to day aspects of landscaping, grass cutting, hedge maintenance,horticulture as well as small grounds maintenance, in order to create beautiful environments for our guests.
You need to have bags of enthusiasm and energy, be responsible for taking ownership, have a strong work ethic, good communication skills and a keen, positive, friendly nature.
Duties will include:
- Planning organization, planting and maintaining: Tree planting, shrubs, perennials, summer bedding including beds, tubs and baskets
- Park presentation to meet the require standard and as expected by the Management and guests
- Soil preparation and watering
- Maintenance and cleaning of machinery and equipment used
- Correct storage and use of tools and equipment
- Training and personal development accurately recorded on Personal training plans.
- Daily cleaning and tidying of working environment including workshops and storage areas
- Basic grounds/site maintenance skills
- Carrying out all duties as per training, written policies and company standards
You must be available to work between the hours of 7am and 5pm on a 7 day week rota basis and due to the nature of the job a driving licence is essential.
Our Main season runs from March to November, but we are open to guests/visitors all year.
- Excellent salary, paid every 2 weeks
- 30 days annual leave
- Regular reward and incentive schemes
- Company pension scheme
- 25% employee discount on all park purchases
- FREE Friends & Family Annual Passes* T&C's apply
- Uniform provided
- Fantastic social calendar & events
- There are so many more benefits for our team members, too many to list!!
This Job Role expires on 2021-03-20